Probation period for the domestic labor
The parties may agree to place the domestic labor on probation for a period not exceeding (ninety) days, during which the employer shall ensure the professional competence of the domestic labor and his proper personal conduct. It is not permissible to put the domestic labor on probation for more than once with the same employer, unless the parties agree that the domestic labor shall work in a different profession.
The work relationship between the domestic labor and the employer shall be regulated by a written contract. The Arabic text shall be the prevailing version. The contract and its translation - if any – shall be issued in three copies, with each party retaining a copy and the third one shall be deposited with the Private Recruitment Office. There should be a clear identification of the following main factors:
The employer signed the contract with the domestic service worker identified with the following core elements clearly:
• Work which is committed to domestic service worker his performance type.
• Wage Employer shall pay to the domestic service worker
• The rights and duties of both parties
• Duration of the probation period
• Duration of the contract and how to extend it
Terminate the contract during the probation period without any responsibility for it
The employer may terminate the contract upon his own will during the probation period without any responsibility on him, if the domestic labor is proved to be unfit.
Upon the expiration or termination of the contract for an illegal reason
If the contract expired, or was cancelled by the employer for an illegitimate reason, or by the domestic labor for a legitimate reason, the employer shall bear the value of the ticket for repatriation of the domestic labor to his/her country.
Upon contract termination for the death of either party
The Contract shall expire by the death of the employer or the domestic labor. If the employer's family is willing to keep the domestic labor, they will have to check with the labor office to correct the name of the employer
Upon the absent of the domestic labor
When the domestic labor quits his/her work, the employer shall go to the nearest police station and do the following:
• Inform the Immigration Department about the absent of the worker to work for necessary action
• Inform the labor office to ensure that the domestic labor has no claim against the employer or vice versa. If there is a claim, then the labor office has to inform the passports department accordingly
• Provide the employer with a copy of the work absence notification form