Abdeslam Baraka, born in Tetuan (Morocco), is a lawyer, member of the bar of Rabat. He held elected office and was appointed Minister of relations with the parliament and Minister in charge of the Union of the Arab Maghreb. Former Ambassador of Morocco to Spain, Argentine and Uruguay. On March 9th 2013 he was appointed Ambassador of His Majesty The King Mohamed VI to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Permanent Representative of Morocco at the Organization of Islamic Cooperation.
- Born in Tetuan (Morocco) on May 5th 1955.
- Married and has 2 sons.
- Primary and secondary school education in Tetuan.
- High studies at Mohamed V University in Rabat (Law segment) 1976.
- Member of the bar of Rabat.
- Appointed Ambassador of His Majesty The King to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Permanent Representative of Morocco at the Organization of Islamic Cooperation on March 9th 2013.
- Appointed Ambassador of His Majesty The King to The Kingdom of Spain on February 17th 2000 to October 30th 2004.
- Appointed Ambassador of His Majesty The King to the Republic of Argentine on February 25th 1998 and non-resident Ambassador to the Republic of Uruguay on April 30th 1998.
- Minister of Relations with the parliament from March 9th 1987 to July 31th1990.
- Confirmed Minister of Relations with the parliament and the Union of the Arab Maghreb from July 31th 1990 to August 1992.
- Minister of relations with the parliament from February 27th 1995 to August 13th 1997.
- Elected President of the Provincial Assembly of Tetuan (1983-1992).
- Member of House of Representatives (1984-1992).
- Elected Chairman of the committee of justice in the Parliament.
- Elected President of Urban Community of Tetuan (1992-1997).
- Reelected member of House of Representatives (1993-1997).
Decorations and Medals
- Grand Cross of the Order of Civil Merit, granted by the Royal decree of His Majesty the King of Spain in September 16th 2000.
- Grand Cross of the Order of Mayo Merit of the Republic of Argentine in 2004.
Vivencias de Etapa 2008-2012 (Spanish)
Riyadh on March 31th 2013