Rabat - HM King Mohammed VI, Commander of the Faithful, who was accompanied by HRH Crown Prince Moulay El Hassan, HRH Prince Moulay Rachid and HH Prince Moulay Ismail, chaired on Friday afternoon at the Mechouar square in the Royal palace of Rabat, the allegiance ceremony on the occasion of the 16th throne day anniversary.
At the beginning of the ceremony, interior minister, Mohamed Hassad, and the walis and governors of the Kingdom's wilayas, prefectures and provinces as well as the walis and governors of the interior ministry's central administration swore allegiance to Amir Al-Mouminine (commander of the faithful).
Then, HM the King reviewed the delegations representing various regions, prefectures and provinces of the Kingdom who came to pledge allegiance to Amir Al-Mouminine.
The following regions were represented:
- Oued Eddahab-Lagouira which includes the provinces of Oued Eddahab and Aousserd,
- Laâyoune-Boujdour-Sakia Al Hamra which includes the provinces of Laâyoune, Boujdour and Tarfaya,
- Guelmim-Smara which includes the provinces of Guelmim, Tata, Assa-Zag, Smara and Tan-Tan,
- Souss-Massa-Draâ which includes the prefecture of Agadir Ida Outanane, the prefecture of Inezgane-Aït Melloul and the provinces of Chtouka Aït Baha, Taroudant, Tiznit, Ouarzazate, Zagora, Tinghir and Sidi Ifni,
- Gharb-Chrarda-Beni Hssen which includes the provinces of Kenitra, Sidi Kacem and Sidi Slimane,
- Chaouia-Ouerdigha which includes the provinces of Settat, Khouribga, Ben Slimane and Berrechid,
- Marrakech-Tensift-Al Haouz which includes the prefecture of Marrakech and the provinces of Kelaâ des Sraghna, Rhamna, Essaouira, Chichaoua and El Haouz,
- Greater Casablanca which includes the prefecture of Casablanca, and the prefectures of the districts of Casa-Anfa, El Fida Derb Soltane, Aïn Sbaa-Hay Mohammadi, Hay Hassani, Aïn Chock, Sidi Bernoussi, Ben M'sick-Sidi Othmane, Moulay Rachid, Mohammedia and the provinces of Nouaceur and Mediouna,
- The Eastern region which includes the prefecture of Oujda-Angad, and the provinces of Jerada, Berkane, Taourirt, Figuig, Nador and Driouech,
- Rabat-Salé-Zemmour-Zaer which includes the prefectures of Rabat, Salé, Skhirat-Temara, and the province of Khemisset,
- Doukkala-Abda which includes the provinces of Safi, El Jadida, Sidi Bennour and Youssoufia,
- Tadla-Azilal which includes the provinces of Beni Mellal, Azilal and Fkih Ben Salah,
- Meknès-Tafilalet which includes the prefecture of Meknes and the provinces of El Hajeb, Ifrane, Khénifra, Errachidia and Midelt,
- Fès-Boulmane which includes the prefecture of Fes and the provinces of Moulay Yaâcoub, Sefrou and Boulemane,
- Taza-Al Hoceïma-Taounate which includes the provinces of Al Hoceïma, Taza, Taounate and Guercif,
- Tanger-Tetouan which includes the prefectures of Tangier-Asilah, Tetouan and M'Diq-Fnideq, and the provinces of Fahs-Anjra, Chefchaouen, Larache and Ouezzane.
The ceremony, showcasing the Moroccan people authenticity and their unswerving attachment to the glorious Alawite throne, wrapped up with a five-gun salute, while the Sovereign was waving to the applause of representatives of the Kingdom's various regions.
Crowning the commemorations marking the 16th anniversary of HM the King's enthronement, the ceremony, was an opportunity for the representatives of the 16 Moroccan regions to reiterate their attachment to the Sovereign's august person and to express, if need be, that the bonds uniting the throne to the people are deeply rooted in the history of the country and have always constituted the foundation of the Moroccan nation and the supreme illustration of its solidity and continuity.
The ceremony took place in the presence of the head of government, the speakers of the two Parliament's houses, HM the King's advisors, government members, the High-Commissioners, presidents of constitutional bodies, the president of the Royal advisory Council for Saharan affairs, heads of Royal offices, high-ranking officers of the Staff of the Royal Armed Forces, the Director-General of studies and documentation, the Director-General of the Police department and director general of national territory surveillance, and other civil and military personalities.